Saturday 10 December 2011

Meet Another Member of the Company...

As the company prepare for another sell out show tonight, at The Tacchi-Morris Arts Centre, Taunton, take this opportunity to get to know a bit more about another company dancer;

Aimee-Louise Cordeaux (Aimee Higgs)
Company Dancer

Born: Southend on Sea, Essex
Trained: Royal Ballet School


First year with BTUK





When did you first start dancing and why?
I first started dancing at the age of two (almost before i could walk) and i did so because my mum also used to dance and sought naturally for me to do the same. 

Have you had any performance nightmares?
Interestingly yes i have had one fairly recently during ‘The Snow Queen’ tour. In cast two i have a quick change into the gypsy girl costume. I somehow managed to put the wig on sideways with the fringe of the wig round the back of my head. To make matters worse, i had minimal grips holding it on. However i didn’t realise that i had made a costume error until i got on stage to find my fellow cast members laughing rather hysterically at my unfortunate mishap. As if i wasn’t struggling enough to hold it together, the wig decided to do a 360degree rotation on my head during a pirouette resulting in me having no choice but to frantically hold onto it! An amusing scenario for all.


What is your pre-show routine?
Before a show i typically do my hair and make-up –quite quickly in most people’s opinion. I then select a suitable pair of pointe shoes depending on what i am dancing in that particular cast and finally i make sure my ankles are feeling very warm as i suffer quite a lot in that department.

What was your favourite place to visit and why?
My favourite place to perform so far has been Tunbridge wells because also it was a raked stage which i personally really don’t like, it was in fact the stage where did my first ballet solo aged four so that was quite surreal for me.



 

What do you do on your days off from the tour?
I always need to rest a lot when i get the chance to, to prevent any injuries. So sleeping, watching t.v, shopping is always good and of course spending time with family, friends and all the important people in my life!

How do you feel about touring life?
Moving from place to place can be adventurous and exciting which keeps you on the ball and the performances fresh but obviously it’s tiring spending time travelling and not always easy to live out of a suitcase!

Aimee is one of three company dancers that dance the role of 'The Snow Queen'. She will be performing the title role next at the Kenton Theatre, Henley-on-Thames at 2.30pm

For ticket information, or online booking, for the performance at the Kenton Theatre follow the link below;

Kenton Theatre, Henley-on-Thames
Tel:01491 575698

For other other venues on the tour, follow the link to the main website;
http://www.BalletTheatre-UK.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment